There Is Water

At The Bottom Of The Ocean!

Since My Last Post...

* As part of my job, I spent more than two weeks living in an RV 4x4ing on Coal County's section of the Muddy Boggy Creek...and I didn't see bigfoot once! Although, there were some donkeys running about on the other side of the creek...the side I had the pleasure of "camping" on the previous week. (Apparently, I return to my home away from home tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sasquach sighting!)

* I took my iMac into the doctor and had my fears realized. It has a "fried" logic board (mother board...I have no clue why Apple calls their "mother board" a "logic board.") Price tag for a new logic board installation..."CHACHING" ... $505.00 plus tax. Yay! I might as well buy a new computer. Mine is 4 years old, but I'm pretty tight when it comes to that kind of thing. My little Mac is plenty fast, so I see no point in splurging. Besides, it's really not the logic board as much as it is the capacitors. Of course, repairmen don't replace capacitors; they replace the whole enchilada. Cost of 29 new capacitors is $35 bucks. The only downside is that I have to do it myself. I'm sure I'll have fun with that. :(

* It rained...A LOT!

* I found out U2 is coming to Norman?!

INTERMISSION!!!


* Oklahoma picked a State Rock Song?!

* The media/American public overreacted to the "Swine Flu."

* Our fantastic president had Air Force One flown low through New York Harbor, so he could get a picture of it in front of The Statue of Liberty. He's the President of the United States, and he couldn't find a better way to get a photo op of Lady Liberty?! Oh, of course, in doing so, he caused mass panic among the people of New York City.

* I read/listened to around 2.5 books of the Bible. I'm in the process of reading/listening to the entire Bible from cover to cover. As crazy as it sounds, going through it this way seems to be giving me a better grasp of everything. The stories I grew up learning in Sunday School are making much more sense now. And yes, I read and listen to it on my iPod at the same time. :)

* A "new" breed of Pepsi was introduced...sweetened with sugar! This is exciting for me, because I've done away with high fructose corn syrup. It's no longer part of my diet...along with lots of other nasty stuff I no longer consume. This is easier than it sounds...it just takes a little time to read labels. It took a little over a year to find everything I need to be rid of my least favorite corn product. There's a lot of great sugar sweetened stuff out there. The High Fructose Corn Syrup people are spending tons of money on lobbyist and commercials, but the research speaks for itself. The stuff is bad for you. Anyway, before this week, my only soda choices were Imperial Sugar Cane Dr. Pepper or Jones Cola. Both are very good. Unfortunately, they're extremely difficult to find...which means I just didn't get to drink pop. :( Until the recent return of original recipe Pepsi. Yeah, I would prefer a good ol' fashion high-fructose-free Coca-Cola. Until that happens, Pepsi is wonderful. I drinking one right now. Mmmmmm...Thank you, Pepsi!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers